Monday 12 March 2012

My Kingdom for a .. er Griffon?

With the Empire General on a Griffon model costing over £30 I decided to have a go at making one myself.


I had a spare High Elf Griffon rider from the Isle of Blood Starter set, a spare head and shield off the Empire General and BSB box. Spare arms and torso from the battalion box made up the complete figure. This meant that my investment in this project was time and glue. Bargin!!!




I glued the body of the griffon together removing most of the high elf character being careful to leave the left hand still fixed to the reigns of the beast. I used green stuff to fill the whole, where the high elf normally slides in to. Next I used an old knightly order pair of legs, trimmed at the knees, to act as the key component to combine the griffon model with the knight.

It's hard to tell from the photos but the legs are leaning back as if the knight is pulling back on the reigns.


The sword arm of the General is from the Great-sword models with the ball at the bottom of the hilt being glued in place to disguise that it is a two handed sword rather than a huge 'hero' size sword.



Once the legs are in the correct position it's then fairly easy to fix in the arms, head and torso. Some minor trimming and filing was required but very straightforward.



No comments:

Post a Comment